Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Happened Last Night? I Feel Like I Got Roofied


Did someone slip something in my drink? I feel like I am taking the walk of shame today as I leave my house. My 2 timing whoring ass was in bed with the Yankees last night hoping the Red Sox could clinch the final playoff spot with a win and a Rays loss? Jesus Christ... The events that transpired between 9pm and 12am was some of the most intense baseball any of us have ever experienced. A night where Masshole's openly rooted for the Yankees while simultaneously cursing out their own team is something that will probably never happen again. In the blink off and eye, the Sox pissed down their leg and the Rays finally started to mash the Yankees Tripple A pitching staff. Just like that the 2011 season was over.

Bottom line, this season should have never came down to last night. The excuse making by Adrian Gonzalez in the post game was unreal. His comments are an example of why this team did not make the playoffs with their "woe is me" attiude.


Listen to this guy. What a joke... The make up of this Sox team needs to change in the off season. The locker room chemistry needs to be shaken up in a major way. I don't believe that Francona needs to go. However, he does have something to do with creating that locker room chemistry. With that said, no manager can over come a pitching staff that had an ERA in the 7's for the whole month of September. That shit is not Tito's fault. This teams got a lot of work to do. Which is pretty pathetic when you realize they have 190 million dollar payroll.

Honestly, I really didn't want go this route but hearing shit from Yankees fans about how this collapse is bigger than what the Yankees did in 2004 is a joke. Do me a favor and watch this video and tell me a 9 game collapse in September is a bigger deal than blowing a 3 game lead in 4 days for the right to go to the world series against your biggest rival. Ya, I dont think so. Talk all the shit you want but we'll always have those 4 days in October...