Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Relationship Advice From The Chief: "My Wife Is Serious Friends With a Stay at Home Dad"


My stay-at-home wife recently became friends with a stay-at-home Dad (connected by our respective children). Initially, it was a play date here and there, but since the summer started, the frequency of play dates has increased and my wife has become friends with him and texts him often (very often). After a few days of feeling uneasy, I sat down with her and told her I was uncomfortable with the level of communication. She expressed her care for me and we moved forward.
The communication died down somewhat but after a recent long day together, I let her know how I was feeling, that I was still upset. After a long argument, we both said some hurtful things and I strongly advised that the communication with him cease. She now (of course) sees me as trying to control her. She is angrier at me than she has ever been and I am having an extremely hard time reconciling. She expressed the need for space but continues to make extremely hurtful comments. I am so afraid that this could potentially ruin on marriage.
I have attempted to move forward but she will not join me and shows no sign of doing it anytime soon. I am lost. I know she would never do anything physically but I felt that their connection was emotional and I was scared and threatened. She did tell me I have nothing to worry about, but I cannot change the way I feel. I felt awful when they were spending lots of time together, not just as a mom and dad -- but as friends!
– Extremely Uncomfy Dad, 93 North

Dear Extremely Uncomfy Dad,

I hate to break it to you but your wife is craving some new dick.  Lets not bullshit here, she texts another guy that is a stay at home Dad?  Bet they set up playdates together where they both watch their kids act the fool on the jungle gym. Shits not good bro. This guy is sitting there all day listening to her bullshit. Women love men who listen or at least do a great job of pretending they are listening. Blah, blah, blah "Dont you hate it when the kids come in the house all muddy after you just swept?" Mean while Mr. Mom is sitting there nodding his head thinking of the 7 different ways he wants to plow your wife. You need to get out now my friend. Last thing you want to do is come home from a long day at work and find this guy going all Patrick Bateman on your wife. Dudes only text chicks repeatedly if they want to bang em. Its just a known fact. And I'm pretty sure women will admit it works the same way for them. You need to cut your loses and send your wife packing.  Buy yourself a nice sports car and restart your life. She can stay home with Mr. Mom while you cruise down the Cape with your top down, eye fucking everything in sight. Free agency in the dating world is a good thing Uncomfy Dad. Now go out there and embrace it.

Sincerely,

-Chief


"He's Just a friend!" Child please