Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Friday, June 24, 2011

So This Asshole Claims He Saw Whitey Bulger in 2008 and He Did Nothing

BOSTON HERALD
SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- As the joke now goes here, Michael Bongarzone could have been a millionaire if he’d just called the FBI. It was 2008 and Bongarzone was managing Sonny McLean’s, a Boston-themed bar styled to look like an Irish pub in Southie. The Celtics were in the playoffs, the place was packed, and a lonely old man kept to himself in the corner. "The guy had sunglasses and a cap. I had a feeling it was him," Bongarzone, 47, a Scituate native, said. "Him," in this case, was James "Whitey" Bulger -- beyond famous in Boston as a ruthless mobster, and, now, famous here as the guy the FBI came and arrested Wednesday night. The guy who lived in a rent-controlled apartment near the beach, the guy who managed to spend 15 years walking around without anyone knowing he was a desperately wanted man with a $2 million bounty on his head. "I wish I’d said something," Bongarzone, who no longer works at the pub, said. "I’d probably own that bar." And so the story went yesterday, scrawled in writing on the wall of McLean’s’ men’s room -- "Whitey Wuz Here" -- and dominating the barroom discussion in this seaside city, a touristy LA-area locale where locals say it’s easy to blend in...

Michael Bongarzone is a fuckin idiot. Your telling me Whitey Bulger is just chilling at 5 ft away from you for a few hours and you did nothing?  If I was there I would have knocked old whitey on his ass so fast it would make your head spin. Just strunt up behind him and wisper in his ear. "Excuse me, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"  Before he could answer I would kick his barstool out from underneath him so is chin smacks on the bar. Then I would jam my knee up against his head and whip out my cell phone to call the FBI for my 2 Million Dollar reward. 

What if it was the wrong guy you ask?  Fuck it. Means an inocent man got a beat down. You got to take big risks to get big rewards.




PS. Sonny McLeans in Santa Monica is like fake life. If you ever go to the west coast you have to visit this place during a sporting event.  Every transplant Bostonian in a 20 mile radius comes here to watch games. The entire bar is filled with Boston Sports memorabilia. Even all the people that drink there sound like dudes from Southie. Its like a save haven for Massholes. Can totally understand why Whitey went there. Makes you feel like your in the heart of Boston.