Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Harvard names Shakira Artist of the Year: "I Got a Boner"


Boston.com

The Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations awarded singer Shakira its 2011 Cultural Rhythms Artist of the Year award today. Shakira is the 26th winner of the award; previous winners include Sharon Stone, Herbie Hancock, and Will Smith.


Who the fuck is Herbie Hancock?  


Anyway, Shakira won this award for one reason and one reason only.  She gave millions of dudes a music video they could rub one out too.  You think the men in this Harvard committee that decides who wins this award each year really believed anything they said?  "Sure, I think Miss Shakira is a good choice.  She is a very talented vocalist and she has proven she has the ability to reach both Columbian and US cultures."   Fuck that, whole time dude was saying that his little head wanted to chime in and give his 2 cents.  Lets not bullshit here, She won this award for breaking dicks and coming out with the "She Wolf" video in 2009. 




I have images of that video burned in my head. And that I am grateful for.  Those snapshots will be with me for the rest of my life.  I don't even know what the fuck is going on in half of this video. (Like WTF is the Sparkly red cave shit?)  I just know the 1:20 mark of this video went into the hall of fame of images frozen in time in my head. Its right up there next to Brooklyn Decker coming out of the water and the Jessica Simpson Dukes of Hazzard video  Shakira is no doubt top 3 women in the world I want to sleep with.  


Foreign accent?  Check.  Body of a goddess?  Check.  Can move her body in positions of a gymnast? Check.  Make a slutty video that gave me nocturnal emissions?  Check






Oh ya, congrats on that Harvard award. Whatever the fuck it was.