Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Does Growing a Playoff Beard For a Hockey Team You Root For Get You Laid?


So every year when the Bruins Playoffs start I begin to grow my playoff beard.  For pink hats and those of you that live under a rock, a hockey tradition is for you to start growing a beard when the playoffs start and to not shave it off until your team is eliminated or they win the championship.  This is not just a tradition in the NHL, it covers all levels of hockey. I don't know how this tradition spread to actual fans of teams but it did.  The Bruins actually do a good thing for charity with the Bruins Beard-a-thon. Thats besides the point.  Usually I start every year saying I am going to keep it going for the entire playoffs and end up bailing out two weeks in for 2 reasons. First, I'm a major pussy and I can't stand the ichiness of the beard. Second, I feel like this beard is going to cock block the shit out of me. Let me paint this picture...

If I'm at a bar 3 weeks into the playoffs rocking this beard and a girl's talking to me and she says "whats with the beard, did you lose a bet?"  What the fuck am I supposed to say?  "No, It's actually a playoff beard for my favorite hockey team the Boston Bruins."  That just screams major douche-bag right?  I mean do chicks dig playoff beards on dudes that watch hockey games from their couch?  


**Disclaimer. It Helps If you can grow a B to A+ beard.  Sidney Crosby is an F. Chuck Norris A+
I give my Beard growing ability a C-


This Blog is dedicated to my man Pat Wallace, who I know will be rocking an A+ Chuck Norris Playoff Beard all the way to the Stanley Cup. Because unlike me he's not a pussy and won't shave it off by Friday.