Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Great Moments are Born From Great Opportunity


In eighth grade (1996) my mother gave me season tickets to the Patriots.  I sat at the 50 yard line the whole season and I got to witness them go to the Superbowl.  When the Patriots came back from their Superbowl victory in 2001 I touched the lombardi trophy.  I was at the Snow game against the Raiders.  I was hoisted up on the shoulders of a complete stranger and carried outside of Fenway Park long enough to get on the pages of the Boston Globe during the 2007 World Series celebration.  I ran from the Fanuel Hall to the Boston Garden with hundreds of fans when the Celtics won the title with he new big 3...  I have been spoiled as a Boston sports fan.  We all have.

Out of all those moments there is still one moment that eludes me.  That moment is celebrating a Stanley Cup championship in the streets of Boston. (Before I get too old and become that wired guy that shouldn't be out that late.)  The road to that moment starts tonight with me on my couch and it fuckin ends sometime in June high-fiving fellow massholes in B's jerseys on Causeway Street. You're from the city of champions Bruins. It's time you act like it.

They're gonna have to update this montage...