Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Friday, April 29, 2011

Does This Look Like The Face of a former Boston Athlete Who Got Shitfaced and Then Decided To Race Another Car Down The Street?



Boston.com
ATLANTA—Atlanta Braves pitcher Derek Lowe was charged with drunken driving.Gordy Wright, a spokesman for the Georgia State Patrol, said a trooper stopped Lowe's vehicle about 10 p.m. Thursday after it was spotted racing another car down an Atlanta street. The trooper detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage and administered a field sobriety test, which resulted in Lowe's arrest.  The 37-year-old right-hander was charged with DUI, reckless driving and improper lane change, Wright said. Lowe declined to take a breath test before he was released, the spokesman added. The other driver also was stopped, but there were no immediate details on whether he was charged.


Hey, we all heard rumors of good old D-Lowe hitting the bottle a little too hard when he was in Boston so I guess this isn't really surprising.  However, it brings up a larger point of how stupid these athletes are. Why not just set up a ride home before you go out and then you can get bombed if you so choose? If I was an athlete I would just hire a driver to bring my ass around.  Thats it, he'd have two fuckin jobs bring me from point A to point B and make sure I'm not left blackout drunk at the bar. Of course I'd ride dirty in a stretch hummer limo and Id make him dress like Farnsworth Bentley. The setup would be sweat and it would prevent me from getting shitfaced and racing my car down route 1.  Win win situation all around if you ask me.