Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Am I The Only One In The World That Hates Dressing Up On Halloween?


I hate dressing up for Halloween. I’ve never been a big fan of blowing 100 dollars on a costume and putting the hours of research into what I was going to wear for just one chilly night in October. Shits just not for me. The one time I tried to give effort I ended up quitting after 5 minutes and bought a cowboy hat, a wig and some eye liner then went to some party as Brett Michaels. I clearly had the laziest costume at the entire party. I just felt like some douche bag in a cowboy hat with a wig. And once I was there the only thing I wanted to do comment on every chicks Halloween costume. It just amazed me how every girl altered their costumes into the hooker version of whatever it was supposed to be. I mean who knew a chick in a pippy long stocking costume could give you dirty thoughts? Whatever, that topic is for another blog…

The bigger point is Halloween becomes this pissing contest of who can have the best costume. To have the best costume you have to give some serious effort. Who wants to stand in line at that sketchy “Halloween Party Store!” that creepily pops up ever year in the strip mall replacing some business that failed in this shitty economy? You got kids running around the entire store wearing masks and bumping into each other like shitfaced midgets because Mommy's too focused on searching for the sluttiest outfit she can find for Mr. and Mrs. Jones annual neighborhood Halloween party. Epic shit show, pure chaos. Shopping for a costume a week before Halloween is probably the closest you can get to preview what hell must be like. I know your sitting there saying “oh, just buy your costume online and have it shipped to you.” If you are saying this you must be a woman because dudes have to do everything last minute. I mean why do you think stores are open on Christmas Eve? It’s so men can start their holiday shopping. Same logic applies for Halloween.

Anyone else hate dressing up for Halloween this much or is it just me?


On a side note I love carving pumpkins and then talk about how I'm going to make pumpkin bread from scratch with the insides, which never ends up happening. Thats why Dounkin's came out with pumpkin muffins. fahkin