Follow ThisGuyBlogs on Twitter

Friday, March 4, 2011

Mansfield Blows $66 Grand To Remove Snow From Roof

Sun Chronicle

MANSFIELD - Selectmen are upset the school department spent $66,000 clearing snow from building roofs in the immediate aftermath of the Robinson Elementary School evacuation last month, and are questioning what that says about the way town property is managed during emergencies.

"I am blown away by that," Selectman Olivier Kozlowski said of the bill paid to staffing agencies to clear the roofs starting Friday, Feb. 4, and carrying through the weekend.

The exact hours worked those three days by the laborers who were brought in was not reported Wednesday night, but Kozlowski said the bill averaged about $60 an hour for shovelers and $80 an hour for those pushing a snowblower.




Did you say $80 dollars an hour to push a snowblower? Because I think you did. If I had known you could make $80 and hour to push a snowblower then I would have never started fuckin around with this going to college shenanigans.  I would just move to Maine for the winters and snowblow the shit out of that place.  I could save up all the money I made over the winter and  spend the entire spring and summer down Cape Cod with a Corona in hand and my toes in the mutha fuckin sand. 


Seriously though Mansfield, you could have saved yourself a shit load of money.  I would have gotten myself and rallied couple of townies to do that shit for about $25 an hour. Just grab us a couple of Kegs from Dubs and we would have that shit done in no time. 


Ps. This makes that whole "we don't have enough money to fund high school sports" bullshit look real bad now huh?